Friday, September 16, 2005

A Beautiful, Cloudy Day

Fall weather has finally made an appearance here in Dallas, and I am coming out of my annual summer coma. The cats are sleeping on the mountain of unwashed laundry that blocks the bookcase, waking on occasion to pad across the unvacuumed carpet to the ever-filled food dish. Perhaps now, with the cooler weather, I can bestir myself to clean my abode and rejoin the domain of the living.
I work for a local chain of liquor stores; the location I currently manage is scheduled to be closed after Christmas. At 43, I find myself trying to decide my future. Do I make the liquor industry my final career, taking advantage of the fairly good benefits which this company provides, or do I jump ship and try to return to IT and my former life as an Oracle programmer?
Time for work. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home